Using the SCORM XBlock in Open edX
Note to Tahoe customers:
The SCORM XBlock is not available in Tahoe, but you can use SCORM Cloud to achieve similar results!
- Preparing your SCORM Cloud content for use in Open edX
- Adding SCORM Cloud content to Open edX courses
1. In edX Studio, verify that the Subsection you'll add the SCORM block to is a graded Subsection.
Change "Not Graded" to "Homework", "Lab", "Midterm Exam", "Final Exam", or any other graded type.
2. In edX Studio, create a new unit, and select "Advanced" under the list of components.
2. Choose the SCORM XBlock.
3. Choose the name and description of your SCORM module, then click "Choose File" to upload your SCORM package.
4. Select your SCORM content, which should be in the form of a .zip file.
5. Adjust any parameters you wish, such as the size and display type.
The number you assign to the "Weight" field will be the point weight in Open edX. Scores internal to the SCORM package will be translated to a percentage of this Weight. For example, if a student receives 70 out of 100 points in the scoring system internal to the SCORM course, and the Weight is set to 5, the student will be graded as achieving 3.5 points for the Open edX Unit. This point score will be reflected on the student's Progress page.
6. Click "Save" and then "Publish" from Studio
7. When your learners click on the Module link, the SCORM content immediately pops up without having to navigate away from Open edX.
That's all there is to it! Check out the demo below to see the XBlock in action.