Using custom domains for Tahoe Pro websites
Tahoe Pro customers can create a custom domain for their Tahoe site.
Instead of having a domain such as ABCLearning.tahoe.appsembler.com, you can use your company domain as in learning.abc.com.
Open two new browser tabs:
- Log in to your Tahoe Management Console at https://amc-app.appsembler.com/accounts/login/
- Log in to your your company’s domain host account. (For example, this could be a service provider like GoDaddy or NameCheap.)
If you are not familiar with managing your company's domain or editing your host account, PLEASE STOP and contact your internal IT support team.
Appsembler Support will NOT be able to help you with these steps.
Decide on the domain name you wish to use for your Open edX site. Please note that you are not allowed by law to use the word 'edX' in your domain name. For further information on what is and is not permitted, please consult the Open edX Trademark Guidelines.
- Go to your domain’s DNS records.
- Choose to add a record to your DNS settings, and select CNAME as the record type.
- Paste your domain name into the Label or Host field, for example learn.yourdomain.tld
- Paste the following into the Destination or Target field: tahoe.appsembler.com
- Save your DNS Record.
- Enter your desired domain in the space in #3.
- Upon entering the custom domain in the input field, a button will appear, labelled Set domain. Press this button.
- Once clicked, it will display Check DNS. Press the button again.
- Upon clicking that button, a check is triggered. If it passes the check, then you will get a new button saying Enable custom domain. Press the button on final time.