Using custom domains for Tahoe Pro and Premium websites
This article provides the steps required for you to follow whenever you as Pro customer would like to create a custom domain for your Tahoe site. This can be used if you have a domain such as ABCLearning.tahoe.appsembler.com but instead you would like to use your company domain such as ABCLearning.com
- Access to your Tahoe Management Console
- Access to your Company's Domain Host Account site.
Note: This could be a service provider such as GoDaddyy or NameCheap
- You need to know the domain name you wish to use for your Open edX site.
Note: Please note that you are not allowed by law to use the word edX in your domain name. For further information on what is and is not permitted, please consult the Open edX Trademark Guidelines.
- It is important for you to coordinate with your Appsembler CSM in order to make this change, otherwise this change will not work.
At your company's domain host account, you will add a CNAME record to your domain’s DNS records that are stored with your domain host:
- Go to your domain’s DNS records.
- Choose to add a record to your DNS settings, and select CNAME as the record type.
- Paste your domain name into the Label or Host field. (For example learn.yourdomain.tld)
- Paste the following into the Destination or Target field: tahoe.appsembler.com
- Save your DNS Record.
Navigate back to Setting a custom domain name for your Open edX site
- Scroll down to Enter your desired domain, type in your domain and you will see a button that appears saying Set Domain
- Press the button and then press the Check DNS button that will come up.
- Upon clicking that button, a check is triggered. If it passes the check, then you will get a new button saying Enable custom domain. Press the button on final time.
- At that point the custom domain is set up, and now we display a new button saying “ Disable custom domain” in case you want to disable it (see below)
- Your custom domain is now ready!